Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're Back...

We are back from our trip to the states. We had a great time eating at Dairy Queen, driving on Super Highways, and shopping at a real shopping mall! We had a wonderful visit with my family and I even got to see some high school/college friends. While we enjoyed our visit, we also watched the weather channel to make sure that Bermuda was safe and sound. From what I have heard, the storm was minor. When we got home, all of our outdoor furniture was inside the house. We spent some time putting the patio back together, but everything was in one piece. We also had a trail of ants about a half inch think coming from our wall socket to our kitchen cupboard. They were snacking on a bag of potato chips that was left open over the weekend. All of our friends here have complained about the ants, and we have been so lucky to not have an ant problem in our house. All of that changed over the weekend. I spent about an hour killing and cleaning up the ants in our kitchen. About 15 minutes after the first clean-up, the ants were back in full force. We had to spray pesticide outside and even inside our house. I have thoroughly cleaned up the counters since and we have not had ants in two days. I have heard that August is the worst month for ant issues. I can handle a few ants, cockroaches are a whole different story.

We are back in paradise, but haven't been up to much since our arrival back. I will update you again soon.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment