Friday, May 15, 2009

The true Bermuda shorts...


I have failed to mention anything about Bermuda shorts. This is such an important topic. While I love Bermuda shorts for women (they cover-up just enough thigh), Bermuda shorts for men in Bermuda mean such a different thing. Business men actually wear Bermuda shorts to work with tall socks up to their knees, a blazer, tie, and loafers. Usually they are so perfectly color matched with the same color socks as the jacket or the shorts. I actually saw a guy in matching red socks to his red Bermuda shorts yesterday. While it is not the norm to wear this garb, I would say about 20% of the business men here have pulled this outfit off sometime during their career. Of course, I have no solid research to back up this theory, but I do take note as I walk around downtown. I have often thought that if Ryan ever chose to wear this outfit I would deport him off the island, but then I remember that he is the one with the work permit, without him I would be deported!


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until we get to Bermuda. I have my outfit all put together.

    ReplyDelete