Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our spoiled dog


I decided to dedicate this blog to Limerick. While it doesn't involve Bermuda, I thought people must know what has progressed with our dog.
Limerick has become completely spoiled and I think it may be because I am home with her all day. While I didn't think little scraps of food (she licks out my yogurt container every morning) or daily long walks would make much of a difference, something has changed.
Limerick has refused to drink out of her dog bowl. She whines at the door to go out and then begs to drink water out of my plastic watering can. For the past two weeks she hasn't touched her water bowl in the house! When I go out to water my plants, she gets extremely excited. Limerick has also decided to become a finicky eater and sometimes doesn't touch her food all day. When this happens, she usually goes out to eat some grass and then throws it all up. Ryan's new plan has been to put shredded cheddar cheese in her food dish so she of course will eat every last bit of her food. So now we have to feed her cheese in her dog bowl and water out of a watering can!
Now this last story is the best. Please picture it as I write. Last night Ryan decided to cut Limerick's nails. It turned into a mini-pedicure. Limerick's nails were breaking off and had rough edges so Ryan used my nail file to smooth out every last nail! Next we will be using lotions and nail polish...what have we turned into!
Anyways, our dog is happy and we are glad for a great companion. I have thought that maybe Ceasar Millan, "The Dog Whisperer" might need to come in and get us back on track.
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that's good stuff. I could eat every meal myself with shredded cheese on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice update Sis. Ryan knows how to do nails!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Jetta had a puppy tooth pulled at the vet the other day and can only eat soft foods for the next week or so. Tonight for dinner, she ate my Progresso low sodium chicken noodle because A) it's not fit for human consumption and B) her new favorite food is rice so who knows what I'm going to feed her when she's sick!! We do shredded cheese a lot here too, and cheerios for breakfast and I'm going to make her ice cream cause she's always interested in mine... you guys have a long way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete