Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's Fall


Man have I been neglecting my blog. Not for any particular reason, mainly because not too much is new in Bermuda. We had guests this past week and had a wonderful time with Kim and Christian our Erie friends. They are beach bums, so we spent some quality time beaching it and snorkeling some new areas. We explored John Smith Bay which we had never been to. On a Thursday afternoon we were the only people on the beach! The waves were rough on the south shore, but we still enjoyed seeing some great parrot fish. It was parrot fish central with abut 10-15 parrot fish combing the reefs. We have friends for Philadelphia visiting next week and have enjoyed the comradery of good friends. We are also looking forward to November when we are going to Boston for Ryan's actuarial conference where he will get his diploma for becoming a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society. We will also be spending Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh with Ryan's family. I am excited for our upcoming trips.

While we have heard that Halloween and Trick or Treating is popular here, I have yet to see any pumpkins. I love carving pumpkins and am not sure I will have that opportunity here. Every holiday and event is a surprise in Bermuda as many times the traditions are very different. I will have to keep you posted. We live in the last house at the top of a steep hill, so I cant imagine we will have very many goblins and ghouls stopping by Halloween night!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment