Wednesday, September 23, 2009

English Tea


This past week I had my mom and aunt in town to visit. Ryan went for a guys weekend to State College and had a grand old time taking advantage of the conveniences of the states. It was fun to have guests again. We did some of the same things we have done before such as the Gibbs Lighthouse, Tobacco Bay snorkeling, and the zoo (we did witness two mating giant tortoises, which was well....unique). We did do one thing that I had been wanting to do. We had afternoon English tea at the Elbow Beach resort. We all tried a different kind of tea while sharing plates of quick breads, scones, and tea sandwiches. I loved it! While it is still too hot outside for tea, I still enjoyed my cup in the air conditioned resort!

I have been very busy planning a big event at the Centre on Philanthropy where I volunteer two days a week. The event is tomorrow and is called the Give Back Games. Nine re-insurance companies will compete in beach games. Nine charities were chosen to run the games and be recipients to the charity donations. Over the course of the day $54,000 will be awarded! I have really enjoyed event planning and have seen how generous Bermudian companies and people can be. I have enjoyed learning more about the charity sector here and hope to continue to give my efforts to charities on the island. Volunteer work can be just as rewarding as a paying job, so for now my time is wisely used!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment