Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Waving Bermuda Man..


I have been meaning to tell you all about the waving Bermuda man. When I used to take Ryan to work every day, I would see the same man at the roundabout on the way into town. Through the thick rush hour traffic you could see a happy Bermudian man waving and kissing to everyone that rode by. At first Ryan and I thought this man was crazy. After some research, we have found that Johnny Barnes is famous. Yes, you are famous if you have your own Wikipedia page.
He is so famous that he even has his own statue. The statue is life size and looks just like Johnny waving at all the people. He is out at the same roundabout every Monday-Friday from 3:45am-10:00am. He is retired and has found joy in sending some morning cheer to people on their way to work. If only I could find something so fulfilling!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment