Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Crawford


I know this is a Bermuda blog and my goal was to always write about Bermuda, but after living on a 22 square mile island for over a year, the creative juices and originality are not always flowing. I think about my blog often and wish that I had more material, but the bottom line is that I sometimes live a boring life. Lately the anticipation and planning for Baby Crawford has over taken my thoughts and while I try to still volunteer and get out of the house, I find that I am nesting more and have become a home body. I have also become increasingly interested in baking sweets. That may have something to do with continued pregnancy cravings! Thank goodness this new found hobby has come at the end of my pregnancy and I have only gained the recommended 25 pounds in total.

As an update for those that have not heard, Baby Crawford is breech. He is a stubborn Taurus (just like his mother) and at 36 weeks and 2 days has nestled himself nicely head up in my ribcage. While he is still quite active and I have hope that he will flip, the doctor and I guess myself are not too optimistic. We have another ultrasound in a week to be sure that he is still breech and if so a c-section will be scheduled. While a c-section was not in my birth plan at all, I have to be thankful that this c-section will be scheduled. I imagine that an emergency c-section after hours of labor if quite frightening. We hope to go into the hospital before labor begins and have our baby that morning. If everything continues normally I will be scheduled for May 10th which is between Mother's Day (May 9th) and my Birthday (May 11th)! This date will be 6 days before my original due date. Ryan is overwhelmed with the pressure of showering me with gifts for Mother's Day, my Birthday, and the birth of our first child. I say that our baby is a gift enough, but we all know I could use some nice presents while hanging out in the hospital for 3-4 days.

Baby Crawford is also big and that may be contributing for his breech status. I knew he would be large as Ryan was 9 pounds 1/2 ounce and I was 8 pounds 4 ounces at birth. According to an ultrasound a week ago, Baby Crawford was fluctuating somewhere between 6-7 pounds. They estimated 6 pounds 13 ounces at week 36. This means he could still gain another pound or two before birth. My in-laws also forgot to mention that Gary (Ryan's dad) won the Beaver County, Pennsylvania fattest baby award. I would have liked someone to have mentioned that the Crawford's grow them big before I started this process. Ha just kidding, it wouldn't have changed my mind one bit! We will happily welcome a large, roly-poly baby.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment