Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another day in paradise



I have been continuing to keep busy. As I told someone today, retiring at 26 years old isn't as great as one may think. I am still searching for jobs on the island, but counseling jobs currently aren't lining up in the classifieds. If I was a mason, landscaper, or in the financial/insurance industry, I would be golden!


Ryan and I had a fun weekend going on walks and out to dinner. We went to North Rock Brewing Co. for dinner. The food wasn't very good (actually is was terrible), but the beer tasted good. We also went to Ryan's supervisor's house for dinner Saturday. His house is right on the ocean, and it was so relaxing sitting outside.



We enjoy walking to Elbow Beach and through the Elbow Beach resort. The beach is about 1.5 miles from our house. It is a gorgeous resort and is considered one of the best on the island. The photo attached is from our last Elbow beach walk. Limerick loves going for morning walks, and is lazy the rest of the day after our walk. I have been taking her to the railway trail or the beach for about an hour walk every morning. It is keeping me and her in good shape.



I have been looking into opportunities to meet people here and found a neat organization called The Walking Club of Bermuda. Every Sunday the club meets at a different location on the island for a 6-7 mile walk. People go to keep in shape, meet others, and to explore areas of the island that they may never have seen before. 6-7 miles seems a little daunting, but I may give it a try next Sunday.



I keep wondering when this permanent vacation is going to wear off. When you walk to the ocean and are still in awe of the sand and beautiful blue water, I think it will never seem permanent. I will keep going as if this is a 3-5 year vacation. That way I will never take it for granted. It is truly beautiful here.



And to those that read my blog and are getting sick of the sunny pictures, it should only be an incentive to book your trip soon! The Crawford Villa is currently taking summer and fall reservations.



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment