Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 3 in Bermuda


Today is March 10th. Jack's birthday and Limerick's birthday. Happy Birthday to you! We arrived safely in Bermuda. We were able to make it through customs and immigration fairly quickly. We did have to pay duty on Limerick! Limmy is loving Bermuda, there is just enough sun on our back porch for her to lay in.




The house is good. Small but a quiet neighborhood at the very top of a hill. Since we are on a hill we can see the ocean from our yard. The house is empty as our stuff hasn't arrived. We have a blow-up mattress, a small table with two stools, and a TV. Our neighbor was kind enough to let us use her TV while we wait.




I ventured out by myself today. I was able to drive our rental scooter home today. The left hand side of the road is a breeze and of course I am loving riding the scooter. Ryan takes his driving test today (mine is schedule for April 16th). If he passes, we will get our own scooters soon.




Unfortunately, I left the connector cable for my camera in a box that is in our crate somewhere in the Atlantic. I have taken pictures, but can't post them until our things arrive. I will post old pictures from when we visited in December.




Lastly, I must update you on groceries. We went to the market at the bottom of our hill last night and spent $150 on two paper bags and a backpack of groceries! One roll of paper towels was $3.50! I did however stumble upon the Sam's Club of Bermuda today. Everything was in bulk and cheaper then the grocery stores, but we would only be able to get one item on our scooters at a time!




Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment